I have a diverse, some might say eclectic set of interests. This blog is a culmination of that and a merging of several different blogs I have had over the years:
- My sisters kidney – going through the process of donating one of my kidneys to my sister, giving up smoking, then the plan being struck down by my own illness at the 11th hour
- Buzzing Bend – motorbike rides and trips, I am a born again biker after a 20 odd year gap
- Compos mentis – dealing with the death of my brother and subsequent diagnosis of mum having the same cancer
- Photography – I have a passion for this and want to share some of the background behind the images, as well as make prints available
- Technology and science – from coding applications and managing systems to an endless fascination with science
- History – I love to learn about our past and occasionally write about the weird and wonderful past
- Books – I am a voracious reader, I will share some of that on here
- Teaching – I love to share stuff, how things work, so expect to see that here too
So welcome to the blog. There is a subscribe link, use it and I promise not to sell your soul (or email address) to Nigerian spammers or Russian mobsters.
I have a main website that I have owned for years that describes a bit more about me at www.birkbeck.org.uk and a Photography website (with online purchasing of prints, etc) at www.birkbeckphotography.eu.